Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 47 - I have made some changes

Hi everyone!!..I know I have not written a blog in a while.  That is because I am getting pretty busy and revamping my business site Sodie's Inc. since I am getting calls for catering.  That is good since the economy has hit me hard with less calls for almost a year.

So, here I am, still juicing but I also added regular meals to my juicing.  I want to add that I have lost another 4 lbs since my Day 40 blog.  I have now lost 29 lbs and do I feel great...You betcha I do.  I still have alot more to lose and I will get there eventually along with improving my health. This morning I had a half of a cantaloupe and for lunch I had a 6" veggie sandwich.  It was good!!. Now for dinner we had a delicious stuffed acorn squash..oh yes!!..I can say it was heaven divine! This is very filling!

Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice


Ingredients
1 acorn squash 
1/2 cup of Wild Rice
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 green pepper
3-4 Shiitake Mushrooms
Serves 2 

Cut the Acorn Squash and scoop out only the seeds.  Place 2 halves facing down on a plate and microwave it for about 10-12 minutes depending on the size of the squash.  Check with a fork to see if squash is tender. In a separate pan saute chopped onion, chopped green peppers and chopped Shiitake Mushrooms.  Stir all together with a little bit of olive oil, a pinch of Herbamare salt and black pepper to taste.  Let this cook for a while and add the cooked Wild Rice to the mixture and then spoon it into the squash shell.  And there you have it..did I say it tastes scrumptious??!!!  ENJOY!

Nutritional Information



A medium-sized acorn squash has approximately 172 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 45 grams carbohydrate and 3 grams protein. Acorn squash are rich in Vitamin A, and are also a good source of vitamins C and B6.
  • Acorn squash is rich in phytonutrients, which help the body get rid of toxins and may help prevent cancer. The U.S. Department of Agriculture notes that "it appears that an effective strategy for reducing risk of cancer and heart disease is to increase consumption of phytonutrient-rich foods."

Fiber & Potassium

  • Acorn squash are also rich in dietary fiber, folate, beta-carotene and potassium. One cup of cooked acorn squash has 9 grams of fiber, 895 mg of potassium and almost 2 mg iron.
Thanks for coming here to check out my blog.  I will be posting more delicious recipes here.  Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...