Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 3 - Diet vs Lifestyle

Goodmorning, and it definitely is a good morning!!.  Wow!!..I made it through my first day but not without some difficulties.  I had some juice and a nice size salad.  I took my snack of juice, water and an apple to work with me.  I had a little headache most likely because I only had the one cup of coffee in the morning.  I decided not to have my second cup at work but have green tea instead...and that went very well. If you open up my desk drawer there are wrappers of Tootsie rolls and pecans that I keep for snacks.  That was VERY difficult to keep my hands out of there.  All in all, it was a good first day.

As I mentioned before, I am not dieting as per say to loose weight ofcourse that is a big factor, but also to change my thinking on food.  What I put in my body seems to affect me tremendously.  I have noticed since I got off this lifestyle of eating, I have not been feeling very good.  I am very tired and even though I take my vitamins, I have no energy to last me through the day.  Also having Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease  is a big part of the reason why I need to learn more about the foods I eat and what causes this to happen to me.  I am still learning on it and if ANYONE has this problem, read the article and start making changes that will help you.  I will mention more on this later.

I am happy to say that I lost 2 lbs.  It may not mean much but it is a start for me.  I still have some juice left from yesterday and will have that for lunch with my salad.  Here is what I made -

Carrot Juice with a twist


Ingredients

10 carrots
6 celery stalks
1/2 bunch spinach
1 large apple
2-3 green onions
a pinch of ginger
a small piece of lime

This gave me a whole container of juice as you can see.  The flavor is sweet but you can taste the lime and ginger which gives it that added twist. Yesterday's juice was a bit greener and today it is a bit more on the orange side.  I have not made a green drink yet, but will in the coming days.



I do not want to call this a "Diet" but more of a "Lifestyle",  Watching what we eat and making better choices on what we are consuming will reward us later on as we begin to age.  If you can start this path early in life you will be ahead of the game...but seriously any age is a good age to start and keep your health at a maximum to continue to enjoy life at its best. Here is an article about the difference between a "Diet" and a "Lifestyle"..good reading.  I will be posting other articles as I learn about the disease that seems to afflict many and I am just learning about.


Diet Vs Lifestyle changes


Gastroesophageal reflux disease



More will be posted on this disease and also helpful hints and recipes.

Thanks for reading my blog.  I welcome any comments especially that will help others 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...