Saturday, November 17, 2012

DAY 6 - HOLIDAYS ARE TOUGH ON DIETS

I know I skipped a day writing my journal but not my diet.  I had enough juice left over for the next day so I took care of shores that needed to be done.  I did go out to dinner and I had a salad.  Sometimes days like this will come more often than not so I need to be prepared.  I did not lose any weight since Day 4 but I am not worried.  I did not start on my walking exercise yet or go to the gym.  That will come this week but with Thanksgiving in a few days, I will have alot to prepare.

This morning I finally made my green drink.  I had made this once before and I had forgotten how good this green drink tastes.  So, here is what I made which will last me until tomorrow.



INGREDIENTS 

20 leaves Romaine lettuce
2 bunches of carrots
3 celery stalks, whole
1 bunch spinach
3 zucchinis
1 large apple
3 green onions
small amount of ginger
small amount of lime

When using romaine lettuce keep in mind that it does not make alot of juice so I had to use that many leaves just to get barely 2 oz.  Zucchini makes alot of juice including celery and carrots.  Here is how much it extracted


This is a 4 oz glass..maybe a little more.  It is so good for you.  Once I am off the juice diet I plan to add this recipe among a few as a regular drink in the mornings.  Here are some benefits that I have posted last year of leafy greens like Romaine lettuce and Swiss Chard.  Click on the link

BENEFITS OF GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES



I am always looking for anyone who would like to comment on any of the blogs I have posted.   I welcome anyone who is struggling with GERD to share your story.

Thanks for reading my blog,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...