Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 15 - The Amazing Zucchini


I have not juiced a zucchini until this morning.  I love zucchini and I have made them in various recipes but have never tried juicing them.  I took a little sip to taste it before I added the rest of the vegetables and it tastes good but a bit bland.  The rest of the vegetables gives it the flavor it needed.  I love summer squashes and you can get them all year, but the zucchini has its peak time for the greatest flavors in the summer especially if you grow them in your garden.  

The zucchini has a yellow flower that is edible and many italians dip them in egg and breadcrumbs and fry them in olive oil.  Believe me when I say how good it tastes..it is GREAT!!.  But I can't have oil or bread crumbs let alone fried food.  That's a no no!!

Well, today I did not lose any weight but the good news is I did not gain either.  I started my walking exercise this morning.  I walked for 45 minutes.  I did not want to overdo it and then get very tired before work.  

I started out with a 6 oz glass of apple juice and prepared the vegetable juice for lunch and dinner.  Here is the ingredients:


Green Juice with Zucchini
4 Zucchini, small (or 2 large)

5 carrots
3 celery stalks with leaves
1 cucumber


Juice all together and enjoy!




It has a very flavorful taste and nice and sweetness to it because of the carrots.





Biography


Zucchini belong to the Cucurbitaceae family which cucumber, watermelon and pumpkin are a part of. The juices is pretty tasteless with mildly sweet undertones.
Traditionally zucchini juice is used to cool the body down and acts as a thirst quencher much like cucumber.

Nutritional Analysis


Zucchini juice is a good source of the vitamins C, A, folate, whilst being a decent source of minerals including manganese, calcium, magnesium, potassium and copper. Zucchinis can vary in colour, the darker the zucchini the more nutrients they have.

Health Benefits Summary

  • Bladder Problems
  • Internal Cleanser
  • Kidney Health
  • Skin Conditions
  • Weight Loss

Important Information


As with other vegetables go with organic produce to reduce the risk of the coating being waxed as if not you will need to peel the skin and most of the nutrients are just below.


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.  Please comment on any of the recipes and if you tried any of them or starting a juicing diet, let me know.  Have a recipes you like to share?  Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...