Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 5 - I Can't Believe I have Come This Far!



Today is Monday, a new week for me.  I started last Tuesday and I have lost 7 lbs.  I weight myself this morning and I did not lose any weight.  I have not really started an exercise program which I will have to start this week. I wanted to get used to this diet.  So, this morning I am having carrot juice with ginger.  I ran out of apples which I will have for tomorrows juice.  Having an all carrot juice is fine but you need that taste of an apple to make it pop.  

Even though I did not lose these past 2 days, my feet are not swollen at all.  Even my legs look and feel thinner.  I know I lost alot of water and I can tell because my body is feeling a little lighter.  I know I have much to work on and this is helping me go in the right direction.  It is also the longest I have been on a diet.  I can only say that in the long run I will reap the benefits and will learn to eat healthier.

Carrots are perhaps best known for their rich supply of the antioxidant nutrient that was actually named for them: beta-carotene. However, these delicious root vegetables are the source not only of beta-carotene, but also of a wide variety of antioxidants and other health-supporting nutrients. The areas of antioxidant benefits, cardiovascular benefits, and anti-cancer benefits are the best-researched areas of health research with respect to dietary intake of carrots.  read more

Historically, ginger has a long tradition of being very effective in alleviating symptoms of gastrointestinal distress. In herbal medicine, ginger is regarded as an excellent carminative (a substance which promotes the elimination of intestinal gas) andintestinal spasmolytic (a substance which relaxes and soothes the intestinal tract). Modern scientific research has revealed that ginger possesses numerous therapeutic properties including antioxidant effects, an ability to inhibit the formation of inflammatory compounds, and direct anti-inflammatory effects.  read more

4 comments:

  1. Your doing great! Keep it going you can also add some lemon or lme to your carrot juice. I totally fell off the wagon this weekend. I hated wha I did to myself but I am back on again and I havent gained any weight back but I felt like crap. So, keep it up you are doing the best thng for you! The swelling going away is tremendous I know!! Congrats again xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try some lemon next time with my carrot juice. I only usually do carrot with some ginger and it tastes great! Very energizing and a great morning breakfast drink or pre-workout drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have used more of a pop having an apple with it. I will try the lemon this time. I bought apples, carrots and more celery tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I tried the carrot, cucumber, ginger, and lemon and I have to say it is FANTASTIC!!! Believe it or not, it tastes like an orange creamsicle and there is no orange and no cream in it!! LOL Try it, it's fantastic. I made a whole days worth so I used a LOT of carrots, 2 cucumbers, an inch of ginger, and 1 lemon. I would say it made approximately 64 ounces

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...