Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 4 - Starting To Feel A Little More Energetic


Today is Sunday and my 4th day.  I have not been hungry at all.  My body is getting used to the foods that I am consuming.  I am not too happy about my weight loss.  I did not lose today, infact I had gained 3 lbs which I lost and this morning I weight the same as yesterday morning.  The reason for that is after I posted what I had to drink I knew that I did not have enough for dinner.  I was out yesterday and took my drink for lunch.  My daughter and I went to the fresh market and bought spinach...LOTS of spinach and cucumbers and watermelon.  Now watermelon has alot of water but it also has alot of sugar.  Yep!!..I ate a half of a whole watermelon thinking that this is good.and I had 2 glasses of carrot juice.  I know now that the weight gain is in the watermelon.  I don't want to leave watermelon off my menu but it will have to be a couple of pieces juice for a change.

Health Benefits


Watermelon is not only great on a hot summer day, this delectable thirst-quencher may also help quench the inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis. more on this

So, this morning as you can see on the picture I am having a green drink

3-4 cups of spinach leaves
1 cucumber
5 celery stalks
1 green apple

This drink is very tasty and a touch of sweet from the apple.  I made enough for lunch too.


You can use more spinach, it does not give you alot of juice but along with the cucumber, celery and apple with each one giving out more juice, the combination is FANTASTIC!!


Cucumbers have not received as much press as other vegetables in terms of health benefits, but this widely-cultivated food provides us with a unique combination of nutrients. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids. These three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits. Specific phytonutrients provided by cucumbers include  more on this


Celery contains vitamin C and several other active compounds that promote health, including phthalides, which may help lower cholesterol, and coumarins, that may be useful in cancer prevention.  more on this

I will be making more for dinner since I really like this drink.

Come back tomorrow with better news on my weight loss.


Check out my Facebook friends blog..she has been juicing for 14 days

6 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Don't worry to much about the weight loss because it will come off and for you to lose 7 lbs is awesome (yes it is mostly water bit that is what we need to get rid of! The swelling in the feet and legs causes so much pain when we hold that water in. You are also repairing your cells! Your body will react and you will feel so good. Keep it going and don't forget to dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom you didn't eat half a watermelon. You ate a quarter of a medium sized one and there's nothing wrong with filling up on as much watermelon as you desire. The sugars are absorbed quickly into the blood stream and used for energy and not stored ad fat. Trust me when I say that it was not the reason for the weight gain. You are retaining water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom.....go for a walk tomorrow....even if it's only around the block....start slow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lisa for the encouragement. I had a little pain in my legs and did not decide to do the dance. I will do the dance and I can get it on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stacy...I am learning. You are right about the water..it does hold alot of water. I can't walk tomorrow since I am going to help Lori again at school. I will do this on Tuesday and I will start slow..Thanks for the encouragement..I sure need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can walk tomorrow evening after you help lori or after you get home from work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...