Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 6 - I Really Like Juicing!!


So here I am on Day 6 and I am still juicing and enjoying it!!.  I am happy to report that I lost 1 lb and that is good.  A total of 8 lbs in 5 days..not too bad!..I had not lost anything in the last 3 days but I didn't gain either so that is the good part.  If you are thinking about juicing to get healthier and not so much on losing weight then you will stay on it.  I can tell you that this is a good way to detox your body and learn about different vegetables and fruits and the combination that makes a great and healthy drink.  Eventually when I stop juicing I can start eating solid foods, not the foods I ate before but much more healthier choices of food. Sometimes we can splurge just as long we go back to our diet the next day.  Juicing will be part of my life now.

What I have on my menu this morning is apple juice.  I started off with a glass of water and then had this delicious apple juice made of 4 delicious apples.  I could not find green apples in a bag so I decided to try the delicious apples.  Not bad at all.  As you can see in the picture it is more of a redish drink because the skin is in with the apple.  EVERTHING is juiced even the pits...now that is a healthy pure apple juice..not your store brought one.

Next I made a vegetable juice and the ingredients are

2 celery stalks
2 carrots
2 handful of spinach leaves
1 apple (I used delicious)
1 orange

I changed the carrot recipe by adding the spinach and red delicious apple.  You can use any combination for both the apple and orange gives it its sweet taste.  Also I used the whole orange, skin and all in the juicer. Can you imagine the Vitamin C I am getting?  This is why juicing is FANTASTIC!  Here are some health benefits of eating oranges.

Health Benefits of Orange
Orange is one of the most favorite fruit in the world. Orange is loaded with vitamins, and the most abundant vitamin in orange is Vitamin C. This powerful vitamin protect our body against harmful elements.


Nutritional Contents of Orange :
  1. Betacarotene, another powerful antioxidant that protects our cells from being damage.
  2. Calcium that helps protect and maintain the health of our bone and teeth.
  3. Folic Acid for proper brain development.
  4. Magnesium helps maintain blood pressure.
  5. Potassium helps maintain electrolyte balance in the cells, and is important in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
  6. Thiamin helps to convert food into energy.
  7. Vitamin B6 helps support the production of hemoglobin that carries oxygen to all parts of the body

Orange is Beneficial in the following cases :
  • Asthma
  • Bronchitis
  • Tuberculosis
  • Pneumonia
  • Rheumatism
  • Prevent kidney stone
  • Helps lower cholesterol
  • Helps prevent diabetes
  • Arthritis
  • High blood pressure
  • Persons addicted to alcohol have found that the desire for liquor is greatly reduced by drinking of orange juice.
  • Consumption of large quantities of oranges will decrease the outpouring of mucus secretions from the nose.

    Nutritive Values : Per 100 gm.
    • Vitamin A : 190 I.U.
    • Vitamin B : Thiamine .08 mg.;
    • Vitamin C : 49 mg.
    • Calcium : 33 mg.
    • Phosphorus : 23 mg.
    • Potassium : 300 mg.
    Today I will start my exercise by walking.  See you all tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...