This is wonderful news..I lost another pound. Total now is 11 lbs in 11 days. I seem to be keeping that record. Will see how tomorrow goes. I found this delicious recipe that has lots of nutrients and aids in detoxing your body..Believe me this works!! It was so delicious that I forgot to take a picture of it. It was creamy and as you can see light color. The mango and kiwi gave it an exciting taste. I am not worried about the calories anymore. I am sure some of these fruits are higher in calories but I am not having this everyday..just once in a while and what a great change to have in the morning.
I am also happy to report that my ankles are not swollen, my legs feel thinner and look thinner and some of the pains I had around my hip and leg areas are disappearing. The toxins are coming out of my body..yeeeaaaahhhh!! This has been a challenge alright and I will continue to improve.
Here are the ingredients.
Kiwi Orange Mango Juicer Recipe (I doubled the recipe)
1 kiwi, peeled
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
1/2 mango, peeled and sliced
Process kiwi, orange and mango through your juicer. Pour the juice into a chilled glass. Enjoy!
- Kiwi fruit provides an excellent source of vitamin C (more than oranges) and is especially important in respiratory-related health problems including wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma and coughing.
- Kiwi fruits contain about as much potassium as bananas.
- Kiwi offers a very good source of fiber which is why it is useful in decreasing the probability of colon cancer. Fiber has also been proven to reduce cholesterol levels, improving the conditions of patients with cardiovascular diseases and lowering the probability of heart attacks.
- Kiwi's black seeds can be crushed to produce kiwi fruit oil, which is very rich in Alfa-Linoleic Acid (an important Omega-3 essential fatty acid).
- Kiwi is also rich in flavonoids that help protect our cells from oxidative damage, and are therefore considered very helpful in protecting our DNA from mutations and damage.
- Kiwi can help protect us from age related macular degeneration.
- Kiwi is rich in phytonutrients which prevent blood clotting and control fatty acid levels in your blood.
- When kiwi juice is mix with water and vodka it can be use as astringent to help tighten and tone the skin.
The Mango trees is found in Haryana in a wide belt along the Yamuna river. Mango tree is an evergreen tree, native to India, widely found in South Asia. It is now also grown in the drier tropics and in the United States. Mango is a tall tree growing up to 100 feet, a dense, heavy crown and a spread of 125 feet. The evergreen drooping leaves resemble those of the peach tree. Coppery to purplish-red at first but becoming green at maturity, they are lance-shaped and slightly curved. Mango tree is long lived, some specimen are more than 250 years old and are still bearing fruit. The flowers of mango are small, ivory colored and very numerous. The fruit clusters hang outside the foliage canopy.
Due to its superb, juicy, tasty and very colorful fruit, Mango is known as the 'King of fruits'. Called Am or Aaam in Hindi, Aamrum in Sanskrit, Mango in English and Spanish, manja in Dutch, it has a great variety in species, forms, size, color, scent, taste and quality. There are over 500 named varieties of the mango. The colorful, tasty, juicy, flavored fruit is known all over the world. Within each fruit there is a large flat elongated fibrous stone containing a single seed. Here is a video to show you how to cut a mango. He uses mostly the ends and leaves the middle..I would use all of it.
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Mangoes
- Mango, being high in calories and carbohydrates, is good for those who are trying to gain weight.
- The phenolic compound found in mangoes has been found to have powerful antioxidant and anticancer properties.
- Being high in iron, mango is said to be very good for pregnant women as well as for people suffering from anemia.
- Mango is believed to be effective in relieving clogged pores of the skin.
- The vitamin A (beta-carotene), vitamin E and selenium present in mangoes provide protection against heart disease.
- Mangoes have been found to be quite helpful in treating acidity and poor digestion.
- It is being said that the Vitamin E present in mango helps hormonal system function more efficiently and thus, boosts sex life.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of mango might help alleviate asthma symptoms.
Mango has been found to be beneficial for people suffering from the following ailments
- Bacterial Infections
- Eye Disorders
- Hair Loss
- Heat Stroke
- Liver Disorders
- Menstrual Disorders
- Morning Sickness
- Prickly Heat
- Spleen Enlargement
Thanks for coming to my blog and reading on my continued Fresh Start Journey...I wish you all a blessed day!